Sunday, May 17, 2009

Closet Deadline 2 days behind but DONE!



We have a huge hall way closet. I had been hanging Skylar's clothes in there and sharing the closet for storage for a few months now since her closet is small and her room is a jungle. So when we found out we were going to stay in base housing for a little bit with a baby I had to come up with some way to store all a newborn's stuff in there as well. Many of you know I am addicted to the show clean house and they feature a company called the container store. I did some reasearch I went to Lowes, Home Depot and even Target to see different closet storage ideas. Of course being in base housing I can't do anything drastic! I called the Container Store and then even mapped out a useable space like the one they have pictured above. That was my goal to acheive. They gave me an inventory sheet than ran over $400 dollars. With the housing drama in Texas I had to cut costs and decided to try and do it cheaper.

Here is the closest I have to a finished product. On the right the colored cubes is an organizer I bought from avon with the days of the week on it and cubbies for each her undies and shoes etc. So I put her clothes for the week in these cubes to make it effortless for others (Skylar included) to get her dressed. The plastic drawers are for William's Onesies and Gowns.. Botttom drawer I just threw in Skylar's bike shorts she likes to wear alot. Hanging above is her dresses for church.

Lets look on the shelves. The canvas bin on the right is for PJ's and Night gowns (she converted from thick footies to regular two piece pj's quickly lol) and Socks and Undies in the tupperware. Pushed way back in the corner are tights and leggings.

I got these great bins for $3 at Target. They are stackable and I have Williams socks, shoes, bibs, hats etc... in each one... I will probably get Skylar similar ones that are pink because they work GREAT!



There are all William's clothes hanging up and his receving blankets and blankets that go with his layette's in the tupperware below. I open the tupperware and it smells so DOWNY fresh lol.




All Skylar's school clothes hanging up. Her play clothes can go in her room. I work with a limited amount of drawers and hang mostly everything.


Bigger blankets, bedding and our duffle bags for when we travel are on the top shelf of the closet :)

No comments: